Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, has said his counterpart from the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, can’t buy the Southwest with dollars.
Atiku said Tinubu resorted to ethnic politics by visiting one of the leaders of the Yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere, Pa Reuben Fasoranti.
Fasoranti had prayed and given Tinubu his blessing during the meeting.
But, the acting leader of Afenifere, Ayo Adebanjo had rubbished the meeting, stressing that Afenifere would not back Tinubu.
Adebanjo accused Tinubu of attempting to bribe some Afenifere leaders and cause a division within the group.
Also, Atiku while speaking through his campaign spokesman, Kola Ologbndiyan, said Tinubu opted for ethnic politics in an attempt to divert the attention of the public from his anti-people issues.
A statement by Ologbondiyan said the Southwest are holding Tinubu responsible for the problems in the past seven years.
“Tinubu ought to know that he cannot sway or buy the South West or any other part of the country the way he procured the APC Presidential ticket; a ticket that has been compared to the Zimbabwean dollar.
“The handlers of the APC Presidential candidate should know that the South West, like other sections of the country, are holding Tinubu directly responsible for the woes the nation have been passing through in the last seven and half years of the APC administration, an administration Asiwaju Tinubu confessed to have helped installed,” he said.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy