Tinubu resting, meeting heads of govts in Europe — APC
The President-elect, Bola Tinubu, is currently taking a rest in Europe and reaching out to heads of government ahead of his inauguration on May 29, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has disclosed.
Felix Morka, National Publicity Secretary of the ruling party, stated this during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme.
Morka noted that Tinubu was doing well and will swing into action immediately after he returns from Europe.
Morka said, “He is probably in Europe. He’s fine. After the elections and all of the energy expended, he just decided to take a moment of rest.
“Once he returns and is inaugurated on May 29, there will be no dulling. He’ll be saddled with the responsibility of running a country as massive and complex as Nigeria. I know he’ll be back in the country very shortly.”
Morka also noted that Tinubu is also reaching out to heads of government and other levels of leadership of other countries that are vital to the agenda he’s bringing in his new government.
Morka added, “So, he’s not sleeping in his bed; he’s also in meetings regularly with all kinds of people who are travelling from other countries to see him preparatory to his inauguration. So, it’s a working visit.”
Oppositions have heightened Tinubu’s absence as many critics are pushing the narrative that he is being treated for an undisclosed ailment.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate