Four Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists have been neutralized by troops of 25 Brigade operating under the aegis of Joint Task Force, North East, Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), who also recovered their arms and ammunitions.
Spokesperson of the Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu revealed that the terrorists were killed along Damboa-Bulabulin-Maiduguri road on Wednesday, August 31.
Troops recovered four AK 47 rifles and four Magazines, each loaded with 30 rounds of 7.62mm (Special) ammunition from the troops.
In another operation, troops of 195 Battalion, Sector 1 OPHK in conjunction with elements of Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) at Dusman-Muna Garage, Borno State eliminated two ISWAP terrorists in an ambush operation conducted along with an identified ISWAP terrorists’ crossing point at Musari village.
An ISWAP logistics vehicle conveying assorted goods and contraband items belonging to members of the terrorist group, was seized and destroyed.
The statement released on Thursday September 2 added;
“Items recovered from the terrorists’ vehicle include two bags of Hemp (Cannabis Sativa), two bags of detergent, 120 packets of mosquito coils, l2 mosquito nets, and five textile materials. Other items recovered are two bicycles, two bags of beans, a bag of corn, and some quantity of fish.”
Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya has commended the troops for their operational exploits and urged them to maintain the aggressive posture in order to decisively root out the terrorists from their enclaves.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS