Trucks stranded along Ilorin/Jebba highway over restriction order
Over 100 trucks were hooked up at Bode Sadu – Jebba expressway in Kwara on Saturday following the restrictions of Vehicular movements.
News Agency of Nigeria Correspondents confirmed this on Saturday while on election duty.
Some of the truck drivers who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), expressed their frustration for being stopped from embarking on their long journey.
A truck driver, Abdulsamiu Abdulsalam, said they have been stopped since 12 midnight without anything to feed on.
Abdulsalam said he is on his way from Lagos to Kaduna but the security agents has halted their movement.
“We are stranded. We even try to explain to them but they disagree with our point. We will be here till after election before we can proceed on our journey,” he said.
Another truck driver, Mr Aliyu Abubakar said he has been deprived of his voting rights for not allow him to continue his journey.
Abubakar said he was rushing to beat the restriction order before he got caught by the security agents.
” I am heading to Kano from Lagos. It hurts me that I will not be able to vote. I have my PVC intact, “he said.
Mr Dahiru Tijani, on his path, expressed disappointment over the restriction order by the government.
Tijani said his means of survival is mainly by truck and not happy for depriving him his means of livelihood.
” I am expected to deliver this goods today but now the delay by the security agents will make my customers loose confidence and trust in me, “he said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG