Mallam Mustapha who said he was impressed with the arrangements already put in place by the durbar committee praised the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari for his firm support in ensuring continuity of the event which he said has gone international.
He made these remarks in Ilorin at the durbar committee secretariat where he commended the efforts of the committee headed by the Chairman, Engineer Yahaya Alapansapa, the Danmasani of Ilorin.
Mallam Mustapha who donated the sum of N15million towards the success of this year’s durbar celebration also gave the committee a brand new sienna bus.
The Founder of Saliu Mustapha Foundation who is also the Senatorial Candidate of the All Progressives Congress APC in Kwara Central Senatorial District disclosed that he would continue to associate with all programmes associated with Ilorin Emirate.
Earlier, the chairman of the Durbar Committee, Engineer Yahaya Alapansapa, Danmasani of Ilorin commended Mallam Mustapha for always associating and supporting the committee at their points of need.
Alapansapa disclosed that all arrangements have been put in place to ensure a hitch free ceremony stressing that over five hundred horses would be engaged for this year’s durbar.
According to him, Ilorin Durbar has gone international as it has been embraced by not only local investors but international investors and agencies.
The Chairman reiterated that durbar was not established for politics but rather to pull all sons and daughters of the emirate together, enhance the economic status of the community and further promote their culture and traditions.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus