By Golok Nanmwa, Jos
Two persons have been reported drown at the dam in Rayfield Resort, Jos, Plateau.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the victims are Michael Nyam, eight years, and Elijah Solomon, six years old.
Mr Gyang Pwol, an eye witness, said on Sunday in Jos that the boys were drowned on Saturday evening.
He said that they were both residents of Rayfield community.
Pwol explained that the duo got drowned while trying to get back the shoes of one of their friends that fell into the dam.
“They jumped into the deep water in the dam to rescue a shoe of their friend, unfortunately, the volume of water was too much.
Pwol who also confirmed that their remains had been buried, did not give further details.
However, ASP Ubah Ogaba, the Police Public Relations Officer of Plateau Command, said the incident was not reported to the police.
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis