By Golok Nanmwa, Jos
Two persons have been reported drown at the dam in Rayfield Resort, Jos, Plateau.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the victims are Michael Nyam, eight years, and Elijah Solomon, six years old.
Mr Gyang Pwol, an eye witness, said on Sunday in Jos that the boys were drowned on Saturday evening.
He said that they were both residents of Rayfield community.
Pwol explained that the duo got drowned while trying to get back the shoes of one of their friends that fell into the dam.
“They jumped into the deep water in the dam to rescue a shoe of their friend, unfortunately, the volume of water was too much.
Pwol who also confirmed that their remains had been buried, did not give further details.
However, ASP Ubah Ogaba, the Police Public Relations Officer of Plateau Command, said the incident was not reported to the police.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal