By Arowona Abdulazeez
The Association of Resident Doctors (ARD) University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital Chapter, (UITH) has commenced on a five days warning strike over slash in their salaries.
Speaking with Newsmen in Ilorin, the ARD President, Dr Ige Kolawole stated that they were forced to embark on the strike action because their salaries have been deducted for no reasons since January 2014 till date.
Kolawole also said this is only peculiar to UITH, as other Teaching Hospitals across the country do not have such problem and receive 100 percent of their salaries.
He noted that the Hospital’s management has not given a viable reasons as to why the deduction has continued without cessation.
He added that the only reasons given by the Chief Medical Director, Abdulwaheed Olatinwo was that an additional 150 House officer were employed by the Hospital.
“This is wickedness as our salaries has continued to be deducted because of additional employment of House Officers,” he said.
Kolawole claimed that the management were employing without due authorization from necessary quarters.
“Enough is enough in UITH, if the management does not stop slashing our salaries and also collecting pension and putting it in special account, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and
Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offense (ICPC) will have to look into this matter,” he said.
The ARD president urge the government to intervene to stop the management victimization of the resident doctors.
Responding to the allegation, the Public Relation Officer, Mrs. Funmilayo Omojasola, said the management will convene a meeting and will issue a response in its statement.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the ARD members carried placards with inscriptions such as: “Stop selected victimization of resident doctors and house officer”.
“Underpayment of UITH resident doctors is deliberate by CMD”, and “Mr CMD disobedience to government directives is illegal” among others.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo