No fewer than 25 scholars have been invited worldwide to deliver papers at the forthcoming 146th Annual Meeting Exhibitions of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS) of the Pan American Materials Congress (TMS 2017) holding in San Diego, California, U.S.A. between February 26 and March 3, 2017.
ROYAL NEWS reliably gathered that among them is an Associate Professor of Industrial Chemistry and Deputy Director, Central Research Laboratories, University of Ilorin, Dr. Alafara Abdullahi Baba.
Further checks by our correspondent revealed that Dr. Alafara, whose paper is entitled “Preparation of High Grade Industrial Copper Compound from a Nigerian Malachite Mineral by Hydrometallurgical process”, will be leading the selected 25 World Professional Materials Science Experts for the Mentor-Mentee event.
These TMS Professional members according to sources will be available to give professional guidance to the Ph.D, M.Sc students and industrialists in Materials Discipline across the globe during the Meet a Mentor Event.
“The TMS Professional members were keenly selected based on their inputs and global experience in minerals and materials processing research to addressing various professional interests and concerns” it added.
- APC will win 2023 election– Fashola
- FG vows to increase workers’ minimum wage
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes