The University of Ilorin Chapter of the National Association of Mathematical Science Students of Nigeria (NAMSSN) has emerged over-all winner at the just concluded North Central Zone Mathematics Quiz Competition, held at the Federal University of Technology (FUT), Minna, Niger State.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the brain teasing competition of the annual NAMSSN Conference, which took place between April 16, and 20, 2019 had participants drawn from the six states of the zone, including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Receiving the trophy from the NAMSSNUNILORIN , the Dean of the Faculty of Physical Sciences, Prof. F.A. Adekola, congratulated the representatives of the University of Ilorin at the competition for doing the University proud with their brilliant performance.
Prof. Adekola, who was elated with the great achievement recorded by the students of the Department of Mathematics, said that the University management was pleased with the thrilling academic performance of the students at the tournament.
“We are not surprised that the Mathematics Department won the trophy at the North Central Quiz Competition, because the Department has always been producing First Class students year in year out. This is not the first time the Department would be winning gold medals for the University”, Prof. Adekola said, adding that “our hope and prayer is that the Department will come first in the entire country and become the Best Mathematics Department in Nigeria”.
Also in his remarks, the Head of the Department of Mathematics, Prof. R.B. Adeniyi, thanked God that the students of the Department recorded such a feat during his tenure as the Head of Department.
Prof. Adeniyi said that the Department had been making waves in terms of brilliant performances both in academics and other extracurricular activities.
According to him, “this Department has, on an annual basis, been producing high rated quality students in terms of academic and even extracurricular activities. That is why the Head of Department’s office is flooded with series of trophies and medals received by our students”.
In his reaction, the President of NAMSSN, who is also the leader of the 10 participants that represented the University of Ilorin at the tournament, Ajetunmobi Afeez, thanked God for giving them the opportunity to be good ambassadors of the University at the competition.
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair