The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof.Sulyman Age Abdulkareem, has described the appointment of the outgoing Vice-Chancellor of the Kwara State University, Malete, Prof. AbdulRasheed Na’Allah, as the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Abuja as well-deserved, considering his fascinating antecedents as a distinguished scholar and administrator of high repute.
Prof.Abdulkareem gave this commendation in a press statement signed on his behalf by the University’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Mr.Kunle Akogun, and made available to newsmen in Ilorin over the weekend.
Prof.Abdulkareem said that the University of Ilorin was not surprised by the rising profile of Prof.Na’Allah as he was, right from his studentship at the University, nurtured with the determination to always pursue excellence and stand out among his peers.
The Vice-Chancellor said that the University of Ilorin community is extremely elated that one of her alumni and former academic has been found worthy of appointment as the Chief Executive of the highly-cosmopolitan Federal University situated at the nation’s capital, Abuja, particularly at this point in time.
Prof.Abdulkareem said that the University of Ilorin has not only been monitoring the glowing career of Prof.Na’Allah but is very proud of his reputable erudition, administrative competence and infectious accomplishments, as a world-class scholar and particularly as the pioneer Vice-Chancellor of the Kwara State University, Malete, which he has, through hardwork and uncommon dedication, placed on the global map of impactful ivory towers.
The Vice-Chancellor of the nation’s most subscribed University expressed his conviction that Prof.Na’Allah would continue to exhibit the virtue and pursue all-round excellence as imbued in him at the University of Ilorin so that his tenure of office at the University of Abuja will go down in history as being better by far.
Prof.Na’Allah graduated with B.A and M.A English from the then Department of Modern European Languages, University of Ilorin in 1988 and 1992,respectively.
He taught briefly at the same Department prior to his going abroad for further studies and career progression.
Prof.Na’Allah is the second almunus of the University of Ilorin to serve as a Vice-Chancellor of a University and the first to be so appointed into the same position by two different universities in Nigeria.
Prof.Na’Allah is also regarded as the longest serving University’s Chief Executive so far as he is due to complete his 10 years two terms as the pioneer Vice-Chancellor of the Kwara State University,Malete,by July 27,2019.
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter
- BREAKING…. Foremost Nigerian Emir, Muhammadu Sunusi II is dead
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training