This is contained in statement on Friday in Uyo by the Acting Registrar, Mr Linus Okoko.
The resumption followed the suspension of the eight months strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
According to Okoko, the reopening of the institution is for the completion of the 2020/2021 academic session and commencement of the 2021/2022 academic year.
“The management of the university of Uyo wishes to inform all students, staff, and the general public that senate at its emergency meeting held on Thursday, Oct. 20, approved the resumption of academic activities for the completion of the 2020/2021 and commencement of the 2021/2022 academic year following the suspension of ASUU’s strike.
“Students should note that the university reopens on Monday, Oct. 24, for full academic activities.”
He urged students admitted for the 2021/2022 academic session to ensure they paid their screening fees immediately.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy