This is contained in a statement by Mr Kabiru Aminu, Head, Information and Public Relations of the university, in Bauchi on Friday.
According to him, letters of promotion which were signed by the Acting Registrar and Secretary to the Council of the university, Hajiya Aisha Idris, had been issued to the affected staff on Wednesday.
He explained that the promotions were approved following the receipt of ‘positive external assessments’ on each of the affected staff.
“Out of the 26 promoted staff, 14 are Professors while 12 are Readers (Associate Professors).
“While congratulating the newly promoted staff, Council and Management of the University expects them to continue to contribute positively to the development of the University.
“They are also expected to continue to give purposeful leadership to their junior colleagues,” said the university spokesperson.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,0000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud