No fewer than two persons have been killed following an attack on Gora-Gan Community in Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State by gunmen.
The Chairman of the LGA, Mr Elias Manza, who confirmed the incident, said the attackers opened fire on some youths playing around the village market square on Friday evening.
Manza told News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday that the incident was a surprise to the residents.
“The attackers came on motorcycles and opened fire on the youth playing, killing two females while two males sustained injuries.
“The injured are currently receiving treatment, but normalcy has been restored to the area,’’ he said.
The chairman said security operatives had since been drafted to the affected community and advised members of the area to remain calm.
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline
- Buhari rejoices with 90yr-old female Professor, Bolanle Awe
- Ukraine President Zelensky appoints Oby Ezekwesili as ambassador
- Breaking: Buhari wades into Naira new notes scarcity