Lukman Ibrahim, who was kidnapped by gunmen in Offa Local Government Area of Kwara State has regained his freedom.
The phone and accessories dealer popularly known as LUKTECH was abducted by gunmen, who killed his pregnant wife, Hauwa, last Saturday in Offa town.
Family sources, who confirmed the development to Daily Trust, on Wednesday said his release came after the payment of the N2m ransom.
Another family member who was very conversant with the negotiation process said that they made extra demands apart from the N2m ransom.
According to him, after agreeing to collect the N2m, the kidnappers requested for one carton of Multina drink (24 bottles), another carton of milk (24 tins), a pack each of Benson and Hedges and St Moritz cigarettes, with a stern warning that the security agencies must never be involved.
Spokesperson of the Kwara State Police Command, Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the release of the victim.
Meanwhile, some of his friends and members of the Association of Mobile Phone Technician Offa (AMPTO) also contributed money for the ransom.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate