Management of Kwara United Football Club, Ilorin on Monday shutdown the state Ministry of Finance claiming that Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed had refused to pay them salaries and allowances.
The football team also restricted staff of the minstry from gaining access to their respective offices under heavy security presence. The protesters who displayed different playcards with insulting inscriptions along Ahmadu Bello Way tagged Governor Ahmed ‘Wicked Governor’ and also said the Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Demola Banu was daring God in the month of Ramandan.
They further disclosed that the team had lost five members; Saka Abdulazeez, Bukola Akanbi, Tunde Adeyemi, Babatunde Seriki and Babatunde Ayinla a.k.a Rondo, to the salary struggle.
“You have money to feed your dogs but you don’t have money to pay workers’ salaries, fear God oooooo. We are dying, save our souls”, they added.
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities