Reno Omokri is against Nigerians vilifying the General Overseer of Deeper Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, over the alleged sexual abuse of Don Davis, a JS1 student of the Deeper Life High School, which is owned by Kumuyi’s Ministry.
Since Don Davis’s mother came out to cry out for justice, Nigerians have attacked the clergyman for not openly speaking about the incident. They believe that his comment would show that he is committed to getting justice for the child.
Reno however shares a different opinion. He believes that the attack on the clergyman is uncalled for.
On his IG page this morning, he wrote;
”Vilifying Pastor Kumuyi over the #JusticeForDonDavis incident is uncalled for. The principal was speedily suspended. A 3rd party is investigating. Therefore, a media lynching is unhelpful. Blaming Kumuyi is like blaming Christ for Judas’s behaviour!
#JusticeForDonDavis shouldn’t be driven by media hysteria. What needs to be done seems to be going on. The state and police are investigating. If anything shady is ESTABLISHED to be going on with the probe, we should raise an alarm. If not, let’s be patient with the investigation. Many people genuinely care about #JusticeForDonDavis. But, a few people just want to trend by throwing mud at men, like Pastor Kumuyi, whose lives, though not perfect, are a pattern of good works. If he talks on issues under investigation, he will be preempting the investigation”
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus