Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State has sacked the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Aliyu Ahmed-Tijani.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the state House of Assembly ad-hoc committee investigating the release of N1 billion for the renovation/fencing of public secondary schools in the state in 2018, had indicted the former SSG.
Ahmed-Tijjani was Commissioner for Education in the administration of Umaru Al-Makura, immediate past governor of the state.
The announcement is contained in a statement issued by the Permanent Secretary, Government House Administration, Alhaji Hamza Gayam, on Monday in Lafia.
The statement said the governor had directed Ahmed-Tijani to immediately handover all government property in his possession to the Permanent Secretary, Cabinet Affairs in the Office of the SSG, Mr Muazu Adamu-Gosho.
Following the indictment, the state legislators asked Ahmed-Tijani to refund over N248.5 million as unaccounted funds to the state government.
The house said the former commissioner displayed blatant inefficiency, incompetency, and ineffectiveness in the performance of his official duties and urged the governor to sack him.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal