Senator Shehu Sani, a lawmaker who represented Kaduna Central in the 8th National Assembly, has indicated interest to join the governorship race in 2023.
Sani stated this during an interview in Kaduna on at weekend, ROYAL NEWS
The ex-lawmaker said he was joining the race to rescue the state from the mess that had been created by Governor Nasir el-Rufai.
The lawmaker said that he was throwing his hat in the ring on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, adding that it was left for the party to unite its members to form a government that will respect the will of the poor in Kaduna State.
He said, “We sat with my loyalists and supporters and they wanted me to contest the governor of Kaduna State which I will do to remove APC, God willing; to remove anointed candidate of the state governor and to enter Government House where comrade will be sworn in as the next governor that will bring changes, that will clean all the dirt they brought in the state in the name of development.
“I will bring security. This is what my supporters wanted and I trust them. So, I will contest the governorship seat under the PDP. Therefore, I call on the people of Kaduna to support and collaborate with me.
“I also solicit their prayers; I need the prayers of religious leaders, marketers, physically challenged, women and youths. You voted for Malam as governor, what remains now is to have a comrade as governor so as to see the difference between us.
“You must reject the anointed candidate of those who demolished your houses. Support us to see how we form a government that respects the will of the poor in the state.”
The lawmaker said as a contestant he doesn’t have money to share to delegates to vote for him, warning that money politics was what brought the country into “mess under the ruling party”.
He said if the masses decided to vote for him, with or without money, he would win.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State