Seun Kuti shocked not a few internet users, when he released a short Instagram video on Tuesday, in which he indirectly asked Wizkid to stop parading himself as a Grammy nominee, while also claiming that himself, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, and King Sunny Ade, were the only Nigerian musicians to be nominated by the Grammy. He further opined that since Wizkid was featured in a song that won a Grammy award, he had no right to claim to have won a Grammy for Nigeria, as the song belonged to Beyonce.
“There are only four artists in Nigeria (to have ever been) nominated for the Grammy, and I am one of them” he further added, directly under the video post.
As expected, such a post would generate reactions, and supposed Wizkid fans took no time in giving him a piece of their minds. Here are some reactions from the fans.
@bman-gram wrote: That is rubbish
@Lucky.2.k wrote: he dey pain you, f**l.
@Callme-simple wrote: Idi*t, go Grammy website and type Wizkid, he has two Grammy nominations and one win. Na your papa pave way for you, if not, who for sabi you?
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List