A housewife, Mrs. OmolaraAdeyemi, On Monday prayed an Idi Ogungun Customary Court, Agodi, Ibadan, to dissolve her 11-year-old marriage on the grounds of her husband’s inability to impregnate her.
Omolara told the court that her husband, Moradeyo, refused to
make enough effort to get her pregnant since they got married
She said that Moradeyo refused to take doctor’s advice on how
he could overcome low sperm count and impregnate her.
“In stead, he flirts around. He can spend weeks outside,
abandoning me in the guise that he is engaged.
“I pray the court to separate us so that I can try my luck
elsewhere in a bid to get pregnant and have a child.
“I cannot allow another man to sleep with me as long as I am
still married to him,” she said.
Moradeyo, however, denied the allegations and told the court
that he was not ready for divorce.
He pleaded with the court to allow him and his wife to go home
and resolve the matter amicably.
The Court President, Chief Mukaila Balogun, advised the couple
to involve their family members in the resolution.
He adjourned the case to Feb. 27 for report of settlement.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal