A housewife, Mrs. OmolaraAdeyemi, On Monday prayed an Idi Ogungun Customary Court, Agodi, Ibadan, to dissolve her 11-year-old marriage on the grounds of her husband’s inability to impregnate her.
Omolara told the court that her husband, Moradeyo, refused to
make enough effort to get her pregnant since they got married
She said that Moradeyo refused to take doctor’s advice on how
he could overcome low sperm count and impregnate her.
“In stead, he flirts around. He can spend weeks outside,
abandoning me in the guise that he is engaged.
“I pray the court to separate us so that I can try my luck
elsewhere in a bid to get pregnant and have a child.
“I cannot allow another man to sleep with me as long as I am
still married to him,” she said.
Moradeyo, however, denied the allegations and told the court
that he was not ready for divorce.
He pleaded with the court to allow him and his wife to go home
and resolve the matter amicably.
The Court President, Chief Mukaila Balogun, advised the couple
to involve their family members in the resolution.
He adjourned the case to Feb. 27 for report of settlement.
Facebook Comments Box
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling