Nutritionists and food experts have reiterated their readiness to ensure that healthy foods are consumed by every household in the country to further enhance and fast-track healthy and harmonious homes.
The Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology, (NIFST), Kwara State in a statement issued by its Spokesperson, Dr. Oyeyinka Samson, as part of activities marking the 2017 World Food Day enjoined Nigerians to be sensitive to what they consume.
He noted that NIFST is worried about the outbreak of mokeypox infection which has wrecked havoc in some states in the nation stressing that, “We are organizing a thought-provoking interactive session/lecture with the theme: Food Science and Nutrition for a Healthy Living to be held at the Kwara State University Malete on Monday.”
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the programme is in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
According to the statement, “Professors Omololu Fapojuwo and Olayinka Karim of the University of Ilorin would be the Lead Speakers while other speakers are Drs. (Mrs)Taibat Yusuf, Abimbola Arise and Kazeem.”
The however urged all prospective participants to be present and punctual at the event towards ensuring a healthy society
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment