Nutritionists and food experts have reiterated their readiness to ensure that healthy foods are consumed by every household in the country to further enhance and fast-track healthy and harmonious homes.
The Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology, (NIFST), Kwara State in a statement issued by its Spokesperson, Dr. Oyeyinka Samson, as part of activities marking the 2017 World Food Day enjoined Nigerians to be sensitive to what they consume.
He noted that NIFST is worried about the outbreak of mokeypox infection which has wrecked havoc in some states in the nation stressing that, “We are organizing a thought-provoking interactive session/lecture with the theme: Food Science and Nutrition for a Healthy Living to be held at the Kwara State University Malete on Monday.”
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the programme is in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
According to the statement, “Professors Omololu Fapojuwo and Olayinka Karim of the University of Ilorin would be the Lead Speakers while other speakers are Drs. (Mrs)Taibat Yusuf, Abimbola Arise and Kazeem.”
The however urged all prospective participants to be present and punctual at the event towards ensuring a healthy society
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children