As part of efforts to put smiles on faces of the less privileged, the African Democratic Congress, ADC, candidate for Ifelodun, Offa and Oyun Federal Constituency, Honourable Gbenga Oyekunle-Power has promised the management of Hope Orphanage Idofian that he will be sponsoring one child at tertiary institution every year.
Honourable Gbenga Power who made the pledge while celebrating Christmas with children at the home in Idofian, Kwara State, said the promise which will commence in year 2023, shall be a yearly plan.
According to him, every child no matter the circumstance surrounding the birth, deserves western education, hence the reason why he decided to go and celebrate with them on Christmas day to give them sense of belonging.
“I promise to sponsor a child that finishes his/her secondary education through higher institution starting from 2023 and it will be yearly, however let’s see how it goes if they can be more than one”.
Items distributed to the home by the philantropist include Rice, Beans, Spaghetti, Noodles, toiletries, drinks, snacks and many more to the orphanage home.
Gbenga-Power was also at Idoba Araromi, Obin-Aiyetoro, Owode-ofaro, Afin Ile-ire, Ile-ire Ikosi, Idera Ile, Alabe communities where he and his entourage had stop overs and distributed Christmas Rice to residents.
The ADC House of Representatives candidate for Ifelodun, Offa and Oyun Federal Constituency assured the people of Ile-ire ward of more dividends of democracy like empowerment, job opportunities, solar power, water supply, mobile network service and others if given the mandate to represent them.
He assured the people of Ile-ire ward of more dividends of democracy like empowerment, job opportunities, solar power, water supply, network services and others if given the mandate to represent them.
“Let’s work as one to achieve this coming mandate, that’s when you will enjoy more, I promise to assist the three local governments in anyway I can, through jobs, empowerment and provision of necessary amenities that will make life easier for all”.
The Oni Obin of Obin Aiyetoro, Oba Oluwagbemiga James, Oba of Owode-Ofaro, Oba Abdulraheem Ayilara, Onidera of Idera, Oba James Buremoh, Ajagungbade1 all gave Gbenga Power royal blessings.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets