Some members of the civil society gathered in the venue on Saturday to join other youths across the state to decry the high level of insecurity and hardship ravaging the country, perceived to have been birthed by bad governance.
It was gathered that the Chairman of the Rivers State Civil Society, Enefaa Georgewill, was also at the protest ground.
Jubilation as Gov. Ugwuanyi inaugurates Enugu Unity Park with giant roaring lion sculpture
This is coming amid tight security in the state capital to ward off protesters.
Recall that the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike had warned against such activities in the state.
Recall that Nigeria has been plunged into tension following the protest currently taking place in major cities across the country.
The demonstration in some parts of the Federal Capital Territory Abuja and Lagos State turned violent as security operatives fired teargas at protesters.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy