Mr Agboola Sunday, the State Commandant of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Osun Command, says security measures have been emplaced to ensure lives and property are secured during the Yuletide.
This is contained in a statement by the Command’s Spokesperson, ASCII Adeleke Kehinde, in Osogbo, on Thursday.
the commandant, according to the statement, directed all the NSCDC Area Commanders and Divisional Officers in the state to deploy personnel to identified vulnerable points.
He is quoted as giving the directive on Wednesday, at the December strategic monthly meeting with Area Commanders and Divisional Officers.
The commandant said that the end of the year usually came with a lot of criminal activities, hence, the need for all personnel to be on their toes.
He said this was in order to smoke out criminally–minded people hell-bent on frustrating the peace and tranquility enjoyed by the residents of Osun State.
The Osun NSCDC boss instructed the Area Commanders to make sure that their deployment covers all recreation centres, worship centres, shopping malls, motor parks, critical national assets and infrastructure.
He noted that patrol teams and surveillance squads would be fully deployed throughout the period of celebrations, so all citizens could rest assured of security of their lives and property.
Agboola further charged the personnel to strengthen their leadership capacity and operational strategies in order to be able to deal with various crimes associated with the end of the year.
While commending the officers for their resilience in fighting crime and criminalities during the outgoing year, he urged them to tackle crimes and all threats to national Security head on.
He advised personnel to justify the trust reposed in the Corps by members of the public.
The commandant urged members of the public to assist security agencies by providing intelligence that could lead to the arrest of men of the underworld.
“Security is everybody’s business, be security conscious and when you suspect srange faces and movement in your environment, report to the nearest security agency,” the commandant is quoted as saying.
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis