Two policemen, Corporals Isiaka Suleman and Ibrahim James have been dismissed from the Police Force for alleged kidnapping and armed robbery in Anyigba, Kogi State.
The policemen, a naval personnel, Bature Habila and other suspects were paraded on Monday at the police command headquarters in Lokoja. The Commissioner of Police (CP), Mr Ali Janga said the officers will be charged to court after investigation is concluded.
Confessing to the crime, Isiaka Suleman said he was contacted for the job by one Francis Alfa who is now hospitalized.
“I was serving with Zone 8 (Lokoja) Headquarters when I was moved to the Foward Operation Base (FOB) station in Tafawa Balewa LG in Bauchi when Francis contacted me.
“When you are caught and arrested, you will be charged to court; I know the consequence”.
Items recovered from the suspects included four AK-47 rifles, three Pump Actions, assorted rounds of ammunition, a motorcycle and charms.
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks