Nigerian Youths have again been urged to eschew violence and embrace peace and harmony as their guiding principles and their watchwords particularly before, during and after the 2023 general elections.
A Chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and former chairman of the party, CON made the plea while addressing members of the party at Baboko ward in Ilorin West local government where he participated at their monthly party meeting.
Alhaji Baraje noted that it is only in a condusive atmosphere and under a peaceful environment that development can be achieved.
He cautioned the PDP members that they should not be provoked under any quise but rather sensitise themselves and others willing to join the party on benefits and dividends of democracy under a PDP administration.
The PDP Chieftain commended party faithfuls particularly the youths, women and the elderly in Baboko ward for remaining steadfast and resolute for their support for the immediate past Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki and assured them of the party’s leader’s commitment and love for them at all times.
Alhaji Baraje who is the state Chairman of the PDP reconciliation and Engagement committee urged party leaders at ward levels and across the state to welcome and embrace new members particularly from other political parties and former members of the party whom he described as returness to their folds and ensure that they register them afresh as party members.
He enjoined PDP members to be steadfast and remain loyal to the leadership of the party and as well stressed the need for them to participate fully in grassroots politics and pledged that this time around, benefits and dividends of democracy will be determined from members participation at the ward levels.
Alhaji Baraje described his reconciliatory visit to all the sixteen local government areas across the state as very successful and an eye opener to challenges the electorate are facing and promised that under a PDP administration, their plights would be genuinely addressed.
Earlier in his remarks, the Baboko ward chairman of the party, Mallam Kayode Yakub commended Senator Bukola Saraki and Alhaji Baraje for always carrying them along when it comes to the dividends of democracy and for associating with them at the grassroots.
Mallam Yakub and others who spoke at the event, pledged their loyalties and those of other politicians in the area to the leadership of the party in the state.
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement