The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has rejoiced with the Emir of Gumi, Justice Lawal Hassan Gumi (rtd), over his 71st birthday celebrations.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari who described the Emir of Gumi as a visionary traditional ruler with exceptional interest in the Nigeria’s Project of unity, peace and social development.
This is contained in a congratulatory message issued by the Spokesman to the Emir, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona on Friday.
“As the Emir of Gumi and Chairman Coordinating Committee of the Northern Traditional Rulers’ Council, you have contributed immensely to the promotion of traditional institutions within the realm of national discourse.
“I wish His Royal Highness, Justice Lawal Hassan Gumi, OFR, continued God’s guidance and protections on the throne in the service of Almighty Allah, humanity and nation at large”, the statement said.
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero