Veteran actress, Doris Chima, has died after a long battle with breast cancer.
She was diagnosed with the ailment in 2020 and her breast was cut off to prevent further damage.
Sadly, she lost the battle to the ailment and it throws the Nollywood Industry into yet another mourning period.
She was a foundation member of Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) and former vice chairperson of Lagos AGN.
Lagos chairman of the AGN, Emeka Rising Ibe, who confirmed the death told The Nation he was still in shock over the sad incident.
“She called me last week and pleaded due to ill health not to remove her from the verification exercise I embarked on to ascertain true members of the guild in Lagos.
“Yesterday morning, I got a call that she was dead. Though I am yet to visit the family, it is a great loss for us. I pray for the repose of her soul.”
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter
- BREAKING…. Foremost Nigerian Emir, Muhammadu Sunusi II is dead
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training