Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe has reacted to a viral photo of 84-year-old former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, kneeling before the new Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse III.
The 37-year-old Utieyinoritsetsola Emiko was on Saturday, crowned the 21st Olu of Warri and Obasanjo who was present at the coronation knelt and bowed before the monarch in homage to him.
In reaction to the viral photo Mercy Aigbe applauded the former president for respecting tradition.
Sharing the photo on her official Instagram page she wrote, “When I saw this picture, one thing came to my mind, Tradition! Nothings beats our Tradition. Long live the King @oluofwarri”.
Meanwhile, Kehinde Akinyemi, Special Assistant on Media to Obasanjo in a chat with Punch explained why the ex-president knelt before the young monarch.
According to him,
“Obasanjo is the Baba of Africa and he can pay homage to every exalted traditional seat. He went to Warri to pay homage to the new king. It is a traditional institution; he (Ogiame Atuwatse III) is not the one sitting down, it is the institution that is on the throne”.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo