Wife of late Nigerian Military Head of State, Major General J.T.U. Aguiyi-Ironsi, Victoria, is dead.
The former First Lady died peacefully on Monday morning, August 23 at the age of 97. She would have been 98 on November 21, 2021.
Her husband, and the Supreme Commander of the National Military Government, was killed on July 29, 1966. Chief Mrs. Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi never re-married.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption