Africa handball tourney: Nigeria loses to Cameroon in quarterfinal match
Nigeria lost to Cameroon 44-14 on Tuesday night at the ongoing Africa Women Handball Championship.
Cosmos Akisi, media coordinator for the Handball Federation of Nigeria (HFN), said this in a statement issued to newsmen on Wednesday.
According to the statement, Nigeria lost to Cameroon 44-14 in the quarterfinals played at Yaounde Multipurpose Sports Complex.
“The Coach Rafiu Salami tutored side were no match for Cameroon who inflicted a huge victory on them.
“The Senior Women National Handball team lost 26-3 in the first half, while the second half surge wasn’t enough as they went on to lose to Cameroon 44-14.
“A defeat against Cameroon means that Nigeria cannot advance for a chance in the medal place, but will now play a classification match against Senegal on Wednesday night,” Akisi said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- What Buhari told Nigerians in his 38–paragraph final address
- Yoruba nation promoters take over FG Radio station, declares self-govt
- President Buhari confers citizenship on 385 foreigners
- I have made Nigeria better– Buhari insists
- Bakare utters suprising statements as Tinubu takes over power tomorrow
- Tuition increment: 2 UNIABUJA students expelled
- Defence Minister hand-over to Perm Sec., Ibrahim Kana
- Lagos to ban parking on roads
- South-east eternally grateful for Second Niger Bridge completion– Soludo
- Buhari, Shettima, Sultan, others attend Inauguration in Abuja