Cosmos Akisi, media coordinator for the Handball Federation of Nigeria (HFN), said this in a statement issued to newsmen on Wednesday.
According to the statement, Nigeria lost to Cameroon 44-14 in the quarterfinals played at Yaounde Multipurpose Sports Complex.
“The Coach Rafiu Salami tutored side were no match for Cameroon who inflicted a huge victory on them.
“The Senior Women National Handball team lost 26-3 in the first half, while the second half surge wasn’t enough as they went on to lose to Cameroon 44-14.
“A defeat against Cameroon means that Nigeria cannot advance for a chance in the medal place, but will now play a classification match against Senegal on Wednesday night,” Akisi said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion