The NCDC made this known via its verified website on Wednesday morning.
It noted that 11 states had zero cases reported, which were; Plateau, Nasarawa, Cross River, Imo, Kano, Bauchi, Kaduna, Sokoto, Oyo, Ondo and Ekiti States.
According to NCDC, the 17 new cases were registered in Lagos – 13; Gombe – 1and Rivers – 3.
The NCDC noted that the country had so far tested 2,231,409 persons since the first confirmed case relating to the COVID-19 was announced in Feb. 27, 2020.
The agency said the total number of infections in the country was 167,095 while 163,483 recoveries were recorded as of June 15.
The public health agency said no additional new deaths were registered in the country in the last 24 hours.
The NCDC said a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), activated at Level 2, had continued to coordinate the national response activities.
Meanwhile, it added that the country’s active cases stood at 1,495, as of June 15.
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku
- Court stops PDP from suspending Wike