Alleged Internet Fraud: EFCC Arrests 44 Suspects In Benin City
Operatives of the Benin Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Tuesday, May 23, 2023, arrested 44 suspected internet fraudsters in Benin City.
The suspects were arrested in different locations following actionable intelligence on their alleged internet fraud-related activities.
However, 33 of the suspects were found to have questions to answer after being profiled. They are Emmanuel Jimmy, Wisdom Osazuwa, Emmanuel Osaretin, Destiny Nonso, Michael Ekeh, Uzoma Okoligwe, Emmanuel Ebushi, Oyegun Osadebamwen, Christain Amhazioya, Azegbeyele Francis, Osarobo Junior, Anyanwu Miracle, and Louis Osahenie.
Others are Ezerhume Jude Osomieneshi, Happy Daniel and Maro Oghenekohwo. Others are Kelvin Ifeanyi Anere, Igwe Favour, Gabriel Okpolor, Ogbeifun Prince, Timothy Nawamgbe, Onakofure Augustine, Osakpamwen Gaius, Nonso Prince Onuoha, Emmanuel Efetobor, Emmanuel Usifoh, Endurance Azeke, Ojo Destiny, Justice Aifo, Collins Etiosa Ihkuoretin, Victor Ohenhen Ikponmuosa, Godspower Oghenekohwo and Amos Onakpofure.
Items recovered from the suspects include 25 exotic cars – three Lexus EX350, six Lexus RX330, five Mercedes Benz ML 350, one Toyota Camry, one Lexus IS250, four Mercedes Benz C300, One Toyota Venza, one Toyota Highlander, two Toyota Corolla, mobile phones and laptops.
The suspects have made useful statement and will be charged to court soon.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate