APC Chairman, Adamu defeated in his polling unit
Senator Abdullahi Adamu, the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress, has lost his polling unit to the Peoples Democratic Party in the governorship and House of Assembly elections held yesterday in Nasarawa State.
It was reported that in his GRA (A1) Polling Unit 010, in Keffi, the headquarters of Keffi Local Government Area, the PDP got 159 votes, while APC polled 129 as announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission’s presiding officer, Okoh Everest.
The result also showed that the Social Democratic Party got one vote, while the Labour Party, got zero. However, recall that two days to the February 18 election, LP had collapsed its structure into the PDP for the governorship and State House of Assembly poll.
It was also reported that APC also lost the House of Assembly poll in the APC leader’s polling unit to PDP.
In the result announced by INEC, PDP polled 133 votes against APC’s 108, while governor Adullahi Sule won his polling unit with a landslide.
Adamu had also lost his senatorial district to Ahmed Wadada of the SDP in the National Assembly.
In the presidential elections, Adamu had lost his polling unit to LP with Peter Obi going on to win the state in that election.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG
- Ekweremadu, wife, doctor found guilty of organ trafficking