By Richard Akintade, Osogbo.
Osun state chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has alleged Governor Rauf Aregbesola of using the state’s funds on the campaign of Alliance For Democracy, AD, candidate for Ondo governorship poll, Chief Sola Oke.
This allegation was contained in a statement issued in Osogbo by the spokesperson of the party in the state, Prince Diran Odeyemi on Thursday.
Odeyemi claimed that Governor Aregbesola has been spending Osun meager allocation on Ondo politics right from the day APC held it governorship primaries in Ondo.
“Gov Aregbesola is the financial backbone of AD and its candidate using Bola Ilori, his Special Adviser of Environment as the main link.
PDP recalled how Aregbesola wasted Osun resources in 2012 on failed attempt to install Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, candidate, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu as Ondo state governor and hereby advised him not to sink Osun into deeper quagmire through his frivolous spendings on politics.
“Why should Ondo governorship election be source of concern to Osun people? Our governor, Ogbeni Aregbesola has made it so by digging deep into the lean coffers of the state all in a bid to install Oke as governor against the wish of his party, APC.
“In 2012, Aregbesola wasted millions of state funds to install Akeredolu but failed and the result of such spendthrift attitude is the bankruptcy Osun has been dragged into by its governor at the moment. He is embarking on fresh spending spree this time around to install Oke.
“Osun workers have not been paid full salary in one and half years because the treasury has been drained. The government has embarked on secret retrenchment of civil servants to ease its wage bill, even when only half of their salaries are paid to them,” the PDP averred.
The opposition party however urged major stakeholders in the affairs of the state to prevail on Aregbesola to stop his political investment in unstable stock, saying “Osun is in serious financial mess already and no more burden should be added to its present quagmire.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign