ASUU damaging future of Nigerian youths, says Ebonyi federal lawmaker
The member representing Ikwo/Ezza South federal constituency, Ebonyi State in the House of Representatives, Hon. Chinedu Ogah, has condemned the industrial action embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), stating that they were damaging the future of Nigerian youths.
Ogah in a statement on the ASUU strike, averred that strike was not the solution to their problems and the entire country, instead they are adding more problems to existing problem.
He said the action of the Nigerian Lecturers was not the best option, while urging them explore other means including dialogue.
Ogah noted that ASUU went on long strike last year and that students took advantage of their idleness as a result of the strike and got involved in the EndSars protest that threatened the nation’s security but for President Muhammdu Buhari who rose to the occasion and returned normalcy through his leadership ingenuity.
He added; “ASUU is damaging the future of Nigerian youths, they should stop playing with the future of our youths by this their incessant strike. Strike is not the solution to their problems and the entire country, rather they are adding more problems to existing problem and damaging the future of our upcoming leaders of this nation the youths.
“ASUU should learn how to use proper dialogue in solving problems rather than strikes which worsen things. ASUU caused alot of harm last year when they embarked on strike and many students who were exposed to idleness as result of the strike, were involved in many anti-social behavior-armed robbery, kidnapping and banditry”,.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Poor awareness of Tuberculosis Disease causing havoc in Nigeria – NTBLCP
- Funke Akindele deletes PDP’s political posts on Instagram page
- Popular music legand, Jaigbade Alao is dead
- We’ll review governorship, state assembly election results — INEC
- Adamawa guber: Thugs protest apparent loss of APC’s Binani
- Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
- Nigeria not practising democracy but ‘Agberocracy’– Apostle Suleman
- Election victory: Kwara CMO Coordinator, Idris Haroon felicitates with Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Dikko Radda of APC declared winner Katsina guber election
- APC candidate, Ahmed Aliyu wins sokoto guber polls