Francis Adekunle, Ado-Ekiti
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC Ekiti State Staff Cooperative Multipurpose Society Limited, has elected Mrs. Onasanya Opeyemi Odunayo, as the new President, at the end of it’s 12th Annual General Meeting, AGM.
The election of the President and Financial Secretary, was contested by two candidates each. The President, Mrs. Onasanya, polled a total of 200 votes to defeat her challenger, Tolulope Ajayi, with 53 votes.
The Financial Secretary, Mr. Agboola Oluwagbemi, polled 140 votes to defeat Mrs. Raji Jumoke with 112 votes.
Six other positions and candidates in the last executives were returned unopposed. They are Vice President, Bamikole Bamidele, Secretary, Ola Emmanuel, Treasurer, Dayo Omoju, Asst. Sec., Mrs. Akinlade Idowu, Asst. Treasurer, Mrs. Abdulsalam Adjust and Ex-Officio 1, Adeyeye and Ex-Officio 2, Mrs. Adelusi Christanah.
The new President, Mrs. Onasanya Opeyemi, pledge greater commitment in uplifting the activities of the new executives.
She urged all members of the society to come up with new innovations to move the cooperative forward.
The Director of Cooperative,INEC, Mr. Falua M. A., express happiness for the electoral process, saying it was transparent.
Falua, congratulated the new executives, urging them to ensure better records from the past executives, saying they should think outside the box for good ventures.
The election was characterized with high level of professionalism. Two hundred and fifty-nine voters were accredited while 254 members voted at the election.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92