A 30-year-old woman, Bola Agbedimu, has been arrested for allegedly being in possession of fake naira notes.
Agbedimu was arrested at Kila Market, Odeda Local Government Area of the Ogun state, while she was allegedly transacting with fake N1,000 notes.
State police spokesperson, Abimbola Oyeyemi, told journalists at weekend thst the suspect was arrested on Monday.
According to Oyeyemi, a leader of the Egbalawa crops/fruits association had reported at Odeda police division that the suspect was caught spending fake currency notes in the market.
Acting on the report, the DPO of the Odeda Division, CSP Femi Olabode, was said to have detailed his detectives to the scene where the woman was arrested.
“On searching her bag, a sum of N24,000 fake currency notes was discovered.
“On interrogation, the suspect confessed to being a habitual counterfeit naira note dealer.
“She confessed further that her mode of operation is mixing the counterfeit notes with genuine ones and used it to purchase goods,” Oyeyemi said.
He added that “the woman had been arrested on many occasions at different markets within Abeokuta.”
Police commissioner Lanre Bankole ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to the State CIID for further investigation and diligent prosecution.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements