The Senator representing Enugu North Senatorial zone, Chuka Utazi has called for the next round of zoning of governorship position to start from his zone.
This he said is in the interest of equity, fair play and natural justice in the distribution of power in the state.
Speaking during the local government election rally in Uzo-uwani local government, the Senator argued that since Enugu zone had taken the first shot of 16 years as governor, Nsukka zone should also be allowed to produce the next governor for balance and in the interest of peace.
Utazi noted that the Senatorial arrangement of Enugu state marginalized Nsukka people in favour of Enugu zone.
He stated emphatically that political power is not given and that Nsukka people should not relinquish power on a platter of gold.
Utazi who drew applause from the people informed the governor Rt Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi that the people of Enugu North Senatorial zone were solidly behind him.
He asked the governor to give the people directions on the way to go in the forthcoming 2023 elections.
According to him, the governor of the state as the leader of the party was at liberty to choose his successor and party faithful would key into the choice.
He argued that the predecessors of governor Ugwuanyi as leaders of the party showed direction by choosing their preferred successors and party members supported them.
Utazi wondered why Ugwuanyi’s tenure should be different and assured the governor that the party leaders in the zone will deliver at the appropriate time.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion