The newly appointed Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry Defence, Alhaji Babangida Hussaini, has assumed duties with a pledge to ensure a robust working relationship among the entire staff towards achieving more for the nation.
A graduate of the prestigious Nigeria Defence Academy, (NDA) Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Federal College of Arts and Sciences, Suleja, Government Secondary School, Kazaure and Kudu Primary School, Kazaure, the new Permanent Secretary was until his appointment the Director Special Project at the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the Minister for Defence, Mallam Mohammed AbdulKadri, on Wednesday.
He noted that, “Alhaji Babangida Hussaini, a seasoned administrator and technocrat has assumed office as the new Permanent Secretary of the Defence Ministry. He replaced Alhaji Sabi’u Zakari who retired from the service recently.
“Babangida Hussaini is an expert in administrative affairs, educational planning, community development service delivery, policies and startegic matters, human resources development plans and capacity building among other sterling qualities. His work experience spans across various Non-Governmental Organizations, International donor agencies, government ministries, agencies and parastatals.”
The statement further stressed that, “Babangida Hussaini has attended many conferences, workshops and seminars both locally and internationally and he has won many honours and awards of merit.”
He however pledged his commitments to work with the Minister for Defence, Gen. Bashir Salihi Magashi, (rtd) in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s agenda in the fight against insurgency in the country.
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement