The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, has hinted that insurgency and terrorism may continue in Nigeria for another 20 years.
Buratai made the remark on his verified Facebook handle few days after Boko Haram massacred rice farmers in Borno State.
Boko Haram had beheaded about 110 rice farmers in Zabarmari, Jere Local Government Area of Borno State.
However, Buratai noted that Nigerians generally misunderstand what insurgency and terrorism mean.
According to the Army boss: “There is general misunderstanding of what insurgency and terrorism entail. There is likelihood of terrorism persisting in Nigeria for another 20 years.
“Citizens responsibility is equally important and imperative
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000