Alhaji Sulu-Gambari, in a condolence message issued by his Spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, described the late Emir as a traditional ruler with high degree of tolerance with outstanding passion for the development of his community.
According to him, “I recieved the news of the demise of the 13th Emir of Lafiagi, His Royal Highness, Alhaji Saadu Kawu Haliru OFR, with total submission to the will of almighty Allah.
“He was highly respected as a first class monarch and member of the Kwara State Council of Chiefs. He contributed his best to the stability of the Traditional Council, growth and development of Lafiagi community, Edu Local Government Area as well as Kwara state at large. His long reign on the throne was beneficial to the inhabitants of his Kingdom and Kwarans in general.
“May Almighty Allah forgive his shortcomings, accept his good deeds and admit him into Al-janatul firdaos.”
The Emir however condoled with Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq over the loss and pray God to give the deceased’s immediate and extended family members, Lafiagi Emirate Council and Kwarans at large the fortitude to bear the great loss.
- World cup riots break out after Morocco’s shock 2-0 win over Belgium
- UK Arrival: Some selected pictures of Emir of Ilorin
- Abuja-Kaduna Rail service starts in 7 days– FG
- Kwara govt. re-opens College of Education, Ilorin
- Dangote plans 300,000 fresh jobs for Nigerians
- Minister Okays Security Measures For Abuja/Kaduna Train Transport Scheme
- Adeleke freezes Osun bank accounts immediately after swearing-in
- Adekeke rename Osun after sworn in as sixth governor
- Nigeria to begin processing of raw gold, others — Minister
- Why we retained workers in Ajaokuta inspite not being fully operational — minister