The district head of Kibiya, Alhaji Kabiru Muhammadu Inuwa, has been appointed as the new Emir of Rano Emirate Council in Kano State.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Governor Abdullahi Ganduje, made the announcement on Tuesday evening.
Inuwa’s appointment followed the demise of Alhaji Tafida Abubakar Ila, who died on Saturday in Kano at the age of 74.
The late emir was said to have been rushed to the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital in a critical condition and was later referred to the Nasarawa Specialist Hospital before he gave up the ghost.
The Rano Emirate Council is one of the four new emirates created by the governor on May 9, 2019.
- Private sector impressed as Gov AbdulRazaq declares open 10th Kwara Trade Fair
- Emefiele’s Naira redesign ran farmers bankrupt – FG
- Let’s use media to fight drug, internet fraud- Akogun
- UNILORIN Don canvasses creation of National Examination Malpractices Board
- UNILORIN emerges 9th in global ranking for Int’l students
- Kwara garment factory will be largest in West Africa at full capacity–MD
- WRITERS MOURN DEATH OF VETERAN POET, ỌLÁŃREWAJÚ ADÉPOJÙ
- Powerful Nigerian poet and author, Olarewaju Adepoju dies at 83
- Veteran NTA news caster, Aisha Bello Mustapha is dead
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*