By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna
Kaduna State Government has declared a 24-hour curfew in Jema’a and Kaura local government areas with immediate effect to down tension following advice from security agencies in the affected areas.
The curfew is to assist the security agencies to stabilize the situation in those areas to save lives and property and enable the restoration of law and order, in the places ravaged by terror attacks and killings.
A statement from the Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs commissioner Mr Samuel Aruwan stated that security agencies have full authorization to enforce the curfew.
“Government appeals to all residents of Jema’a and Kaura local government areas to cooperate with the security agencies in the urgent task of restoring peace and upholding law and order.
Government condemns the violence and all acts of lawlessness that have occurred in the area”, it stated, adding further updates would be issued as necessary.
Recalled that reported emanated from the areas had it that terrorists attacked and killed scores and destroyed properties in early hours of Monday, with casualties figures, unauthorised sources put at 23 persons so far.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS