By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna
Kaduna State Government has declared a 24-hour curfew in Jema’a and Kaura local government areas with immediate effect to down tension following advice from security agencies in the affected areas.
The curfew is to assist the security agencies to stabilize the situation in those areas to save lives and property and enable the restoration of law and order, in the places ravaged by terror attacks and killings.
A statement from the Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs commissioner Mr Samuel Aruwan stated that security agencies have full authorization to enforce the curfew.
“Government appeals to all residents of Jema’a and Kaura local government areas to cooperate with the security agencies in the urgent task of restoring peace and upholding law and order.
Government condemns the violence and all acts of lawlessness that have occurred in the area”, it stated, adding further updates would be issued as necessary.
Recalled that reported emanated from the areas had it that terrorists attacked and killed scores and destroyed properties in early hours of Monday, with casualties figures, unauthorised sources put at 23 persons so far.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia