The monarch died at the University College Hospital in Ibadan, Oyo State, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
His death was confirmed by palace sources who pleaded anonymity.
However, when contacted, the monarch’s aides neither confirmed his death nor denied it.
“Even if he is dead, it is the governor that will announce it,” one of his media aides said when contacted on the telephone.
Another aide said in Yoruba, “You don’t hear bad news from a priest,” and cut the phone.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA