The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has commiserated with the people of Ibadan over the demise of the Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Saliu Adetunji, who died on Sunday, January 2, 2022.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari, in a condolence message issued by his Spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, condoled with the immediate family of the monarch over the great loss.
According to the statement: ” His Royal Highness, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, hereby commiserate with the Olubadan-In-Council, families, friends, government and good people of Oyo State over the death His Royal Majesty, Oba Saliu Adetunji who passed away today.
“The deceased was known for his patience and commitments to the growth and development of Ibadanland and Oyo State in general since his enthronement to the royal lineage of Olubadan-In-Council and much later when he became the paramount ruler of the ancient city of Ibadan in 2017.”
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari further said, “Inna lillahi Waina Ilaehi Rooojihun.
“May Almighty Allah forgive his shortcomings, accept his good deeds, admit him into Al-janatul firdaos and give the entire families that he left behind the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.”
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus