Three people were burnt beyond recognition on Wednesday in a multiple fire incident involving a diesel-laden tanker and four other vehicles at Kara Bridge on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, in a statement, said the incident occurred at about 3.08am.
LASEMA said that investigation revealed that the tanker, which was fully laden 33,000 litres of diesel caught fire when it ran into a truck carrying brewery product at high speed.
The statement said, “The driver was said to have abruptly applied brake at the Kara Bridge outward Lagos resulting to multiple accident and fire outbreak with colossal loss.”
It said that the tanker, two containerised trucks, two trailers, and one Toyota Corolla car were burnt in the accident.
The General Manager LASEMA, Mr. Adesina Tiamiyu, advised road users especially articulated truck drivers to avoid over-speeding and adhere to safety regulations while plying the road so as to forestall avoidable disasters.
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption
- DSS Didn’t Arrest Kano Guber Tribunal Judge — Spokesperson
- Bandits kill 10 farmers during harvest in Borno— Lawmaker
- Wike approves revocation of 165 plots of land in FCT
- Breaking….Kano govt. lifts 24hrs curfew
- Commissioner seeks synergy with revenue agency in Kwara
- We’re committed to Gov. AbdulRazaq’s Ease-of-Doing-Business in Kwara–Commissioner
- Kwara Govt launches distribution of textbooks, sports kits for public basic schools