President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed sadness over what he described as “the brutal murder of tens of vigilante members in Kebbi State by bandits who ambushed them in the Sakaba/Wassagu Local Government Area.”
According to Buhari, “this egregious level of criminality is shocking and I want to assure Nigerians that I will do all it takes to tackle this monster decisively.”
“My greatest preoccupation is the threat to life posed by these murderous gangs and remorseless outlaws who have no slightest regard for the sanctity of life.
“While extending my sympathy to the families of the victims of this savagery, let me use this opportunity to also call on our security forces to be more proactive and redouble their efforts in order to frustrate the operational plans of the terrorists before they even launch attacks,” the President added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State