President Muhammadu Buhari has lauded Executive Director of Nigerian Export Promotion Council, Mr Olusegun Awolowo, on his election as President of National Trade Promotion Organizations (TPOs) from ECOWAS member States.
The president, in a statement by his spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, believed Awolowo’s unanimous election was testament to the confidence reposed in him, and in Nigeria, by Chief Executive Officers of TPOs in West Africa.
He urged Awolowo to serve to the best of his ability, and do the country proud.
Buhari noted that an ECOWAS TPO Network holds great possibilities for Nigeria and the sub-region in the areas of exchange of commercial information and business opportunities.
He expressed the hope that the domiciling of the Secretariat in Abuja would open vistas of opportunities for Nigeria.
The president wished Awolowo well in his new assignment, expressing confidence that Nigeria and ECOWAS would benefit a lot from his expertise in trade promotions.
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks
- Celine Dion cancels shows over incurable disease
- Reps disagree with CBN, orders suspension of cash withdrawal limit
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project