In a congratulatory message issued by his spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina on Tuesday in Abuja, the president described the honour by the Daura Emirate Council as well deserved.
According to the president, the “Sarkin Wasanni” of Nigeria is given to the Minister not only for his contributions to sports development in the Daura emirate but across Nigeria
He commended Dare, who is also the Agbaakin of Ogbomoso land, for spearheading spectacular accomplishments in the ministry, which helped shift the focus to sports as business and no longer mere recreation.
Buhari added, ”the revamp of infrastructure in the sector, new policy to improve sports development and athletes’ welfare, and more, are testaments of the new orientation in our sports and the central role it plays as a tool for peace, unity and diplomacy.”
He recognised the tremendous energy, passion and dedication Dare brought to the job.
According to him, this has inspired many young Nigerians to excel in the track, field and other personal vocations, raising the bar that with discipline, patience and consistency, success is sure.
The president believed that this new cap of responsibility would inspire the minister to do more for God and the country.
He offered his best wishes to Dare and his family.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets